The Penchala Pantai sewerage catchment area comprises of major urbanised corridor in the south-eastern part of the Majlis Bandaraya Petaling Jaya (MBPJ) jurisdiction. The catchment is divided into two zones; the Penchala Pantai North which is located to the north of the Federal Highway and the Penchala Pantai South to the south of the highway.
The Penchala Pantai North sewerage catchment was created to serve areas within Petaling Jaya (north). This catchment is bounded to the north by Jalan 17/22 and Lebuhraya Damansara Puchong (LDP), to the west by Jalan SS3/39, to the east by Hospital Universiti and Universiti Malaya and to the south by Lebuhraya Persekutuan.
The Pechala Pantai North sewerage catchment comprises of Section 11-19, Section 22, Section 51A, SS2, SS9, SS9A, Kampung Tunku, Taman Paramount and Sea Park which will be connected to Pantai Regional STP2 (under construction) with a capacity of 1,400,000 PE via PJ Main Sewerage Pipe.
This D47 Petaling Jaya North project forms part of the works proposed under the Graeter KL initiatives which is implemented by Jabatan Perkhidmatan Pembetungan , Kementerian Tenaga, Teknologi Hijau dan Air, Malaysia (KETTHA) . The rationalization works at Penchala Pantai North sewerage catchment area includes the rationalization of 119 multi-point sewage treatment plants and communal septic tanks(CSTs), construction of new trunk sewers approximately 36KM of new sewer pipeline (pipe jacking method and open cut method), decommissioning of the rationalized sewage treatment plants and the abandoned sewers and Construction of new pump houses
The aim of this project are:
• To establish a new and effective sewage rationalization works at Penchala Pantai North which will reduces the polution loading into the receiving rivers.
• To rechanneling the sewerage line to Pantai Regional 2 (STP2) will resolve bad odour issue faced by residence in PJU area.
• Establishing green areas through the rationalization of the old treatment plants.
• To establish a new sewerage system which is cost effective in terms of operational and maintenance wise.
SCOPE OF WORKS
• Value of the project: RM200,000,000.00
• Duration of project: (2013 - 2016)
• Total length trenchless work: 25KM
• Sizes of trenchless work involved: 225VCJP, 300VCJP, 450RCJP,600RCJP, 750RCJP, 900RCJP & 1050RCJP
• Total length of open cut: 11KM
• Sizes of open cut pipe involved: 225VCP, 200mm DI, 300mm DI,500mm DI & 600mm DI
• Total nos of shaft : 428nos
• Sizes & depth of shaft involved : <4m, 4m<D<6m, 6m<D<8m, 8m<D<10m & >10m
• Total nos of Manhole : 529nos
• Sizes & depth of Manhole involved : 1200mm dia, 1350mm dia, 1500mm dia, 1800mm dia
• Nos of STP, sizes & PE : Rationalisation of 119nos STP & CST